Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connected but not printing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlvic

MIS
Jun 15, 2017
AE
Hello,

My sister have a new laptop from her company. They have an IT, he already install the 2 printers HP and RICOH.
Both printers are connected but when I try to print they are not printing.

I try to troubleshoot through restarting print spooler but still not working also try to remove and reinstall and make a print test then it works!

Then I restart the laptop then try to print again its not working again.

Again I restart the laptop then all test print i tried they are printing.

So base on testing I made I need to restart the laptop when to print.
How can I fix this issue?

Thank you !

So is your sister using this computer remotely rather than at the business location? If so, it sounds to me like the remote connection is causing at least part of the issue. As to a definitive fix, I cannot think of a good one off the top of my head. However, I wonder if you could use AutoHotkey to setup something on a timer or on startup to automatically remove and re-add the printers. Sounds crazy, but it could end up being a good fix.

Now if your sister is working for a business, then the IT department of that business needs to troubleshoot the solution and correct it, not the employee's brother. So perhaps if they have nowhere to start, you could pass this idea along to them or at least check with them before making such changes. AutoHotkey can be very powerful, and as such, is sometimes disallowed on some networks.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back