Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connected a Vonage line to Option 11...Have some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Option81

Technical User
Dec 3, 2002
US
I have an old Option 11 (rel 18.30) that I want to use as a Home system. The COT is a private line on 2008 sets. This works fine. (Did that so I didn't have to dial 9, plus is showed if the line was in use. The second line is a private line too. I have hunting set up on Vonage. 4888 line to 2nd line 1888 then Vonage voicemail

If use a regular phone (ie, 500 set) I can FLASH the switch hook to get a second dial tone, dial another person, FLASH again to have a 3-way conversation.

How could I do this on a M2008 set? Guess I just need a digital flash key. Tried messing with THFA in the route and THF as a key on the set.

Many thanks in advance.

--- TRUNK INFO ----
TN 002 0 00 02
TYPE COT
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
XTRK XUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 3COM
NCOS 0
RTMB 1 1
PRDN 4888
CMF NO
SIGL LOP
CLS UNR DTN WTA LPR APN THFA
P10 NTC LNT LOL
TKID

---- M2008 INFO ----
DES 2008
TN 004 0 00 15
TYPE 2008
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
FDN
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTD FND HTD ADD
MWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD CCSD SWD LND CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNIA
ICDD MCTD
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXA ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD CPFA CPTA ABDD
CPND LANG: ENG
HUNT
LHK 0
LPK 2
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
LANG 0
KEY 00 PVR 4888
01 PVR 1888
02 SCR 20
03 TRN
04 AO6
05 THF
-----------

i don't see that working without an analog phone in the loop. you can use switch conferance withthe two lines, but the hook flash conf will not see the hookflash. you can check ld 57 ffc, but i don't think it's there

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

What happens when you press the THF key during a conversation? May be a timer. Try as an AUTO terminate instead of PVR to see if will work then. It appears to be programmed correctly. Print the RDB and post. If you look in the NTP's Features and services book 1, it will give you some more detailed info on the Centrex Hook Flash as well as needed PKGs.

Funny thing. Went to sleep around 2am, woke up and tried it again this morning. After talking to a friend for a few minutes I pressed the THF key. It worked. At first I thought I hung up on him because I got a dial tone. Pressed the THF key again to return to the 1st call.

So I tried it again, dialed a number, after it answered I pressed THF and it conferenced the 2 calls. So It does work with a 2008HF set.

Very happy!

Never underestimate the importance of a goodnight's rest!

Now that's crossed off the list I'll post another problem in a new thread.

Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back