Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect via mobile..

Status
Not open for further replies.

navnit

Programmer
Jun 4, 2001
IN
I ahve a nokia 3310 mobile phone..tell me how can i connect to the net through my PC via my mobile..

You can but modem creid cards that have i believe X-Jack connector. That should let you use your cellular dial tone.I have a few users that do it . It works fine until you get in a bad area.

Hope this helps

I just bought the only modem I have found that will do this. It's a 3Com modem with cellular capability. If you want to try it, I would suggest you look on Ebay as there a lot of them for sale. The reason for this is that the wireless services limit your connection speed to 9600 bps. Strange that the same people sell a very expensive service for Palm Pilots that connects over the same network at twice that speed. Anyway, you'll find that most services won't even let you connect below 14400. So far I have found it totally useless. I hope this changes in the future, however, as it's a neat idea. Keep in mind that the modem does NOT come with the cable for your phone -- that will set you back about another $75 for a Nokia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back