Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect two drive cages to a SCSI single channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ywng

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2000
HK
We have purchased a ProLiant ML530 with additional internal drive cage installed. But we are unable to connect both drive cages to the single Ultra3 channel of the SmartArray-431 controller. SmartArray-431 could support up to 15 Ultra3 harddisks and each drive cage could be inserted up to 6 harddisks. It will be waste that both drive cages have to connect to different controllers.<br><br>Although the sale claims that there is a cable bundled with ML530, we are still unable to connect both drive cages due to the limitation length of the cable.<br><br>Regards,<br>Y.W.Ng<br>

What is exactly is the problem with hoooking each drive cage to a different controller? NT or Novell or UNIX should still be able to access these drives tin the same way if they were on the same. In fact the advantage would be that the drives would not be contending with each other on different scsi channels

I think your problem can be solved.
The problem is probably that both the cages are terminated.
On an other proliant i had a similar problem, and the only thing i had to do is take of a little pcb and than connect cage 1 to cage 2 with a supplied cable.
The answer to this problem was on the inside of the cover of the case.

GTX

Paul

i can't tell you anything than that paul is right.Also considering cable there is bundle inside the tower ,i also could not find it for two weeks!it's sticked somewhere
around cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back