Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect to VLDB from outside source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekramer

Programmer
Oct 26, 2000
US
I recently installed ARCserve 2000 using the VLDB. I would like to write a C program (or a script if I have to) that will periodically monitor information from the database.

My question is: How do I connect to the VLDB from an outside source? Is there an ODBC driver of which I am not aware? Some other way? When a utility like dbcheck uses that "arserve;admin;secret" string, how is it connecting?

Thanks!

HI,

From your question... it is obvious that you are a programmer...

why dont you unpack dbcheck.exe and check how the connection
is being made...

cheers
speshalyst
So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Speshalyst -

Thank you for your response. I myself and not very experienced in unpacking, particularly on Windows NT/2000. The most unpacking I've ever done is using trusses on Solaris. I'm unaware of any user-friendly utilities for NT/2000.

Is there a direction in which you could point me that would facilitate unpacking or call tracing on NT/2000, perhaps toward a nice utility?

Thank you,
ekramer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back