Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect to server via wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeBodge

Programmer
Oct 18, 2002
GB
We attend alot of trade shows and normally take 5 PC's all preloaded with custom product software, pictures, spreadhseets and running MySQL.
Everytime we attend a show I have to rebuild each and every PC with all the latest data.
Would it be possible to use ipads/tablets to connect wirelessly to a standalone server (no internet connection) and have the server send out HTML pages from a web application it is running via IIS? The idea is that we don't have to cart around all the desktops/screens/keyboards/mice etc just 5 tablets and I only have to update all the data once on the standalone server.

Any ideas or help anyone?

LeBodge.

"I know what I like and I like what I know

I'm presuming the web part is achievable, from the network side get a CABLE/ADSL router or similar hide the SSID and encrypt as normal. configure

ip settings
router 192.168.1.1
server 192.168.1.2
DHCP range (allocated from router) 192.168.1.20 - 30)

IIS stuff all published

bish bash bosh i think !

iMachiavellian - think dissident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back