Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connect to Remote over the VPN and connect Internet over my local DSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justwantorelax

Technical User
Feb 6, 2010
US
How do I set up Sonicwall Net EXtender to allow me to run IE directly through my DSL.
For years I had no problems but as of lately when I am running sonicwall to connect to work, I can not access IE remotely through my DSL. I have to disconnect sonic wall. Converely, when I am running sonic wall and I try to acess IE from my desktop, I get error and when I attempt to let windows diagmose and correct issus it disconnects Sonicwall and allows IE to connect.
I can not find any info from Sonicwall to allow me to run both simultaneously (vpn and IE)

If this is anything similar to using Sonicwall's Global VPN client, it sounds like a NAT issue on the Sonicwall. I had the same problem with the VPN client. Users would connect to the VPN, but then be unable to surf the web or check email. It took some tweaking on the WAN Group VPN policy (allow traffic to anywhere) and a new NAT rule to get it squared away. I know this isn't a great answer, but maybe it will point you in the right direction.

Cheers,
Anony Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back