Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect to PIX but can't see network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logickle

Programmer
Jul 9, 2009
US
Hi, all. We have a PIX 506e v6.3.5 which has a single L2TP/PPTP Client configured under Configuration/Remote Access. All our machines are running XP and use the native XP VPN to connect to the PIX. This is the config that has worked for us for the last few years.

Recently one of our users got a new Vista machine which also needs to have remote access to the company network. In the process of trying to support that, I think I may have broken our configuration, but I don't see how. I created a Cisco VPN Client under Configuration/Remote Access, with the goal of supporting Vista via Cisco's VPN client. I later deleted it from the PIX, without (as far as I can tell) modifying the original L2TP/PPTP Client configuration.

The problem now is that using the same XP VPN, connection succeeds, but:

1. No host on the remote network is visible. IpScan used to show everybody, and after connecting I could connect to a shared network drive via a link mapped to its IP address. Now the only host which shows up in IpScan is the remote PC.

2. In the Connection Status dialog (after connection succeeds), I can see the Sent byte count increasing steadily for the life of the connection. The Received byte count always stops at exactly 207.

So what used to work now doesn't, despite my not having changed anything (famous last words, I know). Any ideas what these symptoms might suggest? (I'm happy to elaborate on configurations if need be).

Thanks!

did you ever get this to work?? if not, please post back with the scrubbed configuration of the PIX

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back