Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect to Network drives asking for password

Status
Not open for further replies.

rathcoffey

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2002
IE
Hi There

I have a Raptor firwall setup for remote access, my users can access Exchange through Outlook no problems however, when trying to connect to a network drive, a password prompt appears.

I map to the drive by using the IP and the share name e.g \\192.168.0.100\test, these pcs are a combination of 98se and 2k. Some users do not connect to our network as they work from home.

Any ideas......please

Rathcoffey 'A world without donuts is like a donut without a hole.......wait that would mean more donut! I'm a Genius' Homer Simpson

Are you mapping using network neighborhood or using "net use" commands form a DOS Prompt? Also, does this happen on both remote 98SE and Win2k users or just 1? If it's 98 remote users it may be due to the fact that windows isn't caching the user name and password. Try loging off at after booting up and reentering the user name and password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back