Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect to linked MySQL tables Runtime error

Status
Not open for further replies.

iojbr

Technical User
Feb 12, 2003
US
Hi:

I have an access front end that links to tables in A MySQL database. But every time open my access front end, and try to connect to one of the linked tables from a button click event on a form, I get a runtime error '-2147467259 (80004005): ODBC--connection to 'MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driverlocalhost' failed. I Would have to click on one of the linked tables directly to bring up the: "MySQL Connector/ODBC Data Source Configuration" window, and enter my login info. After this, I am able to connect to these tables from these button click events. Instead of giving me the runtime error message how can I instead make the MySQL connector screen appear when I click my command buttons, and enter my login credentials from there. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back