Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect to Juniper VPN solution from Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bence8810

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2005
AE
Hi

We have a netscreen 50 at work, to which I connect through Netscreen Remote.

We have a more global Juniper solution at our head office, to which I connect through a website, then give my token number, and I am connected to webmail, and if I am on the Corp domain (PC joined to AD domain), then I can have Windows Secure Application Manager started, and I am on the local network with an IP given from our DHCP.

Both of the above our ideal, but they both require windows. I tried to implement the first one with Racoon connecting to it, but I just couldnt get it to work.

The second option I can use with Firefox, and can log on to the webmail, etc, but since its a linux machine, and since it isnt on the domain, the Secure Application Manager isnt available from the links, and I am not sure it would even work, as its a Linux (Ubuntu) machine.

Is there any hope to get connected somehow to the VPN through Linux with the setup mentioned above?

As for the first option, I have the config file of the netscreen, so I am able to get most settings out, except the pre-shared key is encripted. Is there any way to translate that encryption? Or racoon can use the encrypted format?

Thanks for any help,

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back