Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connect to Access 97 & vb 6 application, it can be server (win2000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

murushanmugham

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2003
Dear Friends ..

i want to connect to Access 97 database from my vb 6 application, it can be on server (2000 Server) . i want to use ADO. i want i have a database.ini file from where i will get datsource, provider userid, password, etc.

please if some body help with example code how to do it with ADO like connection string with Access 97, Now program work with node. I want to put in to windows 2000 server with access 97. but right know i want it to work for access database.
Access 97 will be installed on Server machine or user . what else i have to distribute or required with application to it work with Access database on user machine.

thanks in advance

shan

Access:

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\db1.mdb;Persist Security Info=False

SQL:

Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=*****;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=YourID;Initial Catalog=YourDBName;Data Source=YourServer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back