Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connect to a pop3 server through proxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ids4ids

Technical User
Jun 17, 2004
RO
How can I connect to pop3 server through proxy ?
(using VFP7 and winsock)

Mike,
After getting the number of messages, is it possible to loop thru them one at a time, looking for a certin incomming address, if its there, get it, and strip info out of it for insertion into a dbf for an answer to an email that you sent out?
I understand that this would require carefull attention to the subject line or something in addition to the email address from to pick the needle out of the haystack, and also that most anythings possible, but would this be a good approach?
thanks
wjwjr

White605,

Yes, quite possible. The link I showed above, allows you to count to messages on the Pop3 server, download a copy of them, and with the option to either delete them from the pop3 or not. With that technique you can just download the header of the message (who it is from, and the subject line) and determine if you need it or not and if you don't you either delete it or move on to the next one.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.
ReFox XI (www.mcrgsoftware.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back