Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect through Cisco 3000, can map drives, but can't browse network??

Status
Not open for further replies.

panini

MIS
Jun 1, 2001
GB

I've got a 3005 - and am connecting thru an adsl line on a 2000 server, using the 2000 vpn client - I can ping the whole domain (internal, unregistered ip's), and can map drives.... but can't seem to do any more, I can't browse, can't connect to my exchange server, etc - help!

Ok, it works when I turn off IPSEC over NAT...

Sorry to be a dunderhead, but I thought that's what vpn's did? - create ipsec tunnels from one point to another....

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

I am pretty sure by default that 2000 uses L2Tp or PPTP as the VON protocol and IPSec would be something extra to setup>?

I am experiencing the same issue with a Cisco 3015 Concentrator. We have two of them in two different locations with almost exact configurations. One works fine, the other does not. I tried turning off IPSec through NAT on the client and the VPN Concentrator and I could connect, but I could not ping anything on the internal network. When you shut off IPSec through NAT did you shut it down on the Concentrator, or just the client, or both?

Check your WINS settings. Browsing does not work accross routed interfaces unless udp forwarding (or bridging)is set up for nbt.
Make sure the default protocol (pref the only protocol) is tcpip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back