Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CONNECT SNA SERVER THROUGH ROUTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPERRY

MIS
Aug 12, 1999
US
I see by a past post, that it is possible to connect Host Integration Server to the mainframe through a router channel attached to the mainframe. Does anyone have any info on configuring Host Integration Server and/or a Cisco 7204 router to make this connection?
Thanks,
Melissa

There are a few high level documents on Cisco's website that might be of assistance in understanding this. Here is the high level page:

In short, this is a job for someone experienced with CIP implementation and SNA skills. I'm not trying to put you down by saying that. It's just that the implementation of the CIP will only have a very small change window so as not to disrupt the mainframe. You don't want to be responsible for holding up the mainframe from being restarted. This is one place you do not want to be the center of attention. :)

I would highly recommend that you contract with an organization capable of providing these skills. Talk to your Cisco rep and ask them to provide you with some referrals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back