Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect PC to Definity

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4rksite

Technical User
Oct 4, 2007
DE
Hi guys,
at our company we have a Definity telephone system with an Audix Intuity Voicmail system.
The person who administered the systems is already gone an no one knows how to deal with that stuff.
There is a bunch of binders but that is only general information. No one knows anything about components and systems versions.
I figuered out the most important things about the Audix systems and I think thats ok.
BUT I have a problem with the Definity!
The problem is, it's not connected to anywhere so I don't know how to access this freakin' machine.
There is a plug which hangs out of the Definity. It is labeld with J3-Term and it is a 25way female plug. As far as I can see it's conecnted to a card called AHF110 V2 TDM/LAN BUS TERM.
And there are 2 chinch connectors.

Can you tell me how I will be able to access the admin console and what cables,adapters I need to use and which programm?
Maybe it sounds a little bit ridiculous but there is really NO information from anyone.

Hope you can help me.

There should be a local administrative terminal that is connected to the TERM connector on the back of the cabinet. You should have a 'Login: ' prompt on the terminal. You will need an administrative login and password to get into the system. If you don't have that information, you will have to call Avaya and have them create/reset the login & password. Within the US the number is 800-242-2121.

Kevin

Also look at this guys (the one who left) computer and see if their is a sort cut to ASA on the deck top. It could be DSA or call site administration. If so you can also log in that way if it is setup with the passwords. Then look under properties for the login and password.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Thanks for the responses.
This is pretty old system. I don't think we have the DSA software isntalled on any PC or if so nobody knows ...
As mentioned above the (J3?)-TERM connector hangs out of the machine and is not connected to anything only the 25way female connector.

I have a terminal for the AUDIX where I can login on the AUDIX adminstration menu. Is it maybe the same PC as for the definity?

Seems like I have to buy a cable and a adapter to access the connector?
Which software can I use if I don't have DSA oder DNA?

Most places are getting away from the terminals now and use a newer software call Avaya Site Administration. If you are under contract your AE may be able to help you with this. if not you need Avaya to help you with the passwords, logins and software. The older switches used a dial up connection. The newer switches a network connections. It sounds like dial up to me.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Can you check the cabinets/carriers for a CLAN circuit pack of any kind? If you look on the circuit packs, there's a white or sometimes pink indicator sticker on the bottom of the pack. Look for TN799 or something to that effect. If your doing any kind of ethernet connectivity via the LAN, you should be able to set up ASA on a LAN PC or laptop and connect via that software. That is provided, you have the login/password and IP address info of the CLAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back