Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect Meridian Option 11 with Asterisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfoTechEE

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2010
US
So the question is.. Do we put the Asterisk in front of the Meridian and route calls to it or do we put Asterisk behind the Meridian and route calls to the Asterisk server.

Our goal is to be able to utilize screen pops on agents computers that will display caller information. Seems if do the first part we can get more out of the Asterisk system.

Our Meridian system is very out of date by about 10 years and we also do not have licensing in the Meridian to ring multiple exts at once.

Yes I read that before. Another question would be if we set it per the document would we be able to ring a nortel extension and a asterisk extension at the same time? My impression was no since our Nortel system currently can't ring 2 extensions at once.

InfoTech, ours is a "TRIXBOX" install of asterisks I installed ours behind the PBX, because I didn’t/don’t trust the trixbox machine to have all of my calls going through it... I use DSC to get whatever extension/DID's into the trixbox, and from there you can use the "follow me" options to ring multiple internal, external, Nortel, asterisks, both, phones.. I would treat the asterisks box as an "add-on" to your pbx, the only reason I would consider putting it before the PBX is to do trunk side recording… But that’s putting all of your eggs in one basket..

You can also use the internal conference bridge, fax server. Mine has been up for about 2 years, and handles about 30k calls a year, just faxes and conferences.. But I don’t know if I would feel warm and fuzzy with around two million calls a year passing through it before my CS1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back