Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect Manual Command Line Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambrums

Instructor
Jun 13, 2006
US
We have a Call Logging program at work that incorporates a button called "MODEM".. When you click on it I imagine it calls procomm somehow like this.
"C:\Program Files\Symantec\Procomm Plus\PROGRAMS\PW5.EXE" Connect Manual Data 770-123-4567
Which works just fine....it dials up the number and works great...However my question is this...I can't seem to figure out a way to find out what that phone number being passed to Procomm is. I checked the Global System Variable S0 etc...but it's null. Is there a way in the script to read a phone number that is passed as part of the connect manal data # command line paramater?

I can't think of a way to do this, unless the script happens to be accessing an entry in a Connection Directory (is this a possibility?). There are a couple different system variables that could be used if the button dialed an entry in the Connection Directory, but nothing comparable for manual connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back