Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect locally with ACS using computer & modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLVtelephoneman

Technical User
Jan 24, 2005
US
I hate to ask this question, but I seem to have lost the documentation where it is answered. How do you connect locally to an ACS system using a computer and modem (as opposed to dialing in remotely)? I've done this before but can't remember the steps. Thanks!

I'm assuming you want to program the ACS. Connect to any available station port, program that port to auto line select intercom first, and assuming there is a silver remote access card installed, dial 76 to access the modem.

Brian Cox

I think you can plug modem into the AUX port on a partner ext., select intercom, then dial 76 to access.

You can also plug a modem into any of the station ports to dial into the ACS assuming that you have a RAC (Remote Access Card), this is the card that contains the modem in order to allow you to do what you want to do. Make sure that the extension that you are plugging in to has the ALS (Auto Line Selection) set to INT, Line, Line, Line etc. point being that the Intercom is the first selection in the line up, then dial extension 76 using the Avaya provided software.

--Dan

Don't forget to creat hunt group 6 and then assign 76 to it.

A remote card makes things easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back