Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect all right, but can see any of the servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

fharms

Programmer
Jul 12, 2001
DK
I try to connect my Cisco VPN client 3000 to a Cisco PIXS FIREWALL 600 and it connect all right, but I can access or ping any of the servers on the net.

I’m connected to the Internet with a SpeedStream Router that is connecting to the ADSL modem. The computer obtains an IP address automatically from the DHCP server.

I have open UDP port 500 and set-up the VPN client to use “IPSEC”.

Any help will be useful.

Thanks in advance.

/Flemming Harms

Sounds like you need to tell the authentication device to pass the Microsoft login token.
How to do that on a Cisco device I do not know. Scott
s-tomlin@mindspring.com

Couple of things:
You say that you connect okay, but what are you receiving in the way of IP information (DHCP) Could be that process is screwed up and not giving you proper IPA,mask or gateway.

I say this because of the "no pinging" status you reported. Even if you were unable to login to the MS domain, you should still be able to ping the hosts therein, unless you are not getting the proper addressing information...

Also, if you CAN ping the IPA, but not the NETBIOS name, look to hardcode your WINS server IPA. If this is a Win2K domain with AD, look to hardcode DNS IPA information.

Hope this helps,
Solo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back