Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect 2 VPNs through a WatchGuard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmkelly

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2002
US
We use a WatchGuard as a firewall and to provide VPN tunnels between our own remote sites and our main network, and between our main network and service provider sites. Now we're trying to connect a remote site to a service provider through our WG, and no luck. Here's a diagram:

[Remote 10.168.11.0]=====[WatchGuard]=====[Provider 10.186.22.0]
|
[Main]

Connections are fine between Remote and Main, and between Main and Provider. It's between Remote and Provider that doesn't work. The WatchGuard shows traffic in both directions in the Remote tunnel, but only one direction (inbound) in the Provider tunnel.

I have infinitesimal experience with WatchGuard. Any help is appreciated.

Hello JMKelly,

This is probably a routing issue. When you have two tunnels running from your WG to say site B and C. Site B and C will be able to talk to your Watchguard, but not neccesarily to each other. You can create policies to enable traffic between the two.

If you want me to assist, just Private message me @ tpit AT voicebyte.nl

I can read into your config with the status passphrase.

Regards,
Tommie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back