Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CONGIGURES APP EVERY TIME IT STARTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabineri

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
I have a vb6 app running on XP and after it seems to install correctly and runs file, it still insists on Configuring every time it starts up. How do I stop this annoying behavior?

Thanks for any advice on this.

Dave

Could you explain a little bit more what you mean by "it still insists on Configuring every time it starts up"?

Have fun.

---- Andy

Each time the application is run a message comes up "Please wait while Windows configures this program".

This consumes some time and is an inconvenience, it does not seem to affect the way the program runs.

How do I stop this unnecessary behavior as it did not happen before my computer crashed and forced me to reinstall everything.

Thanks for any advice.

Dave

I am not sure what you mean about "saving the app". It is still there on the host machine. Can you explain?

There seems to be much discussion but few answers on this particular message on the web.

I had a crash on my development computer and I am thinking I have a setting wrong in the compile or in the deployment environment.

Thanks,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back