Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Confusing ICS/RAS Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

techshoot

Programmer
Aug 25, 2001
US
I have an existing NT4 Server domain at my home office and am accessing the internet through a modem on a Win2K Pro workstation that has Internet Sharing Connection enabled. This works well for my access from all my systems for internet access.

Now I need to access a remote NT4 Server domain through RAS and of course it has a different name with different addressing. In order to get to this domain I have had to reconfigure the network on a laptop (using switchip), shutdown the laptop, remove the NIC, and connect the laptop modem and dial the RAS server. This all works but it a nuisance.

Is there any way to configure my network so I don't have to go through this for a couple of connections a day. One of the reasons I am using my laptop (besides ease of NIC removal) is I need to use PCAnywhere and have to upgrade my version to run Win2K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back