Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

confused about oracle certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopexxx

Programmer
May 6, 2003
US
I have worked 7 years in oracle as a programmer . I worked on oracle 7 , oracle 8 and presently am learning oracle 9i.
I am looking out for a job but i am being asked if i have oracle certification. I donot know which certification i have to take. I donot want to go as Oracle DBA . I have worked on oracle forms4.5 but not on oracle 6 . Should i go for OCA /OCP but i feel that these are for oracle DBA's. Is there any other certification. i have gone through many oracle certification FAQ but am still more confused. Kindly help.

Hi

Currently Oracle has 2 distinct certification tracks. One for DBA's and one for Developers. In DBA group the certification is further broken down into 2 suparts. OCA (Oracle Certified Associate & OCP Oracle Certified Professional). For developers (using Oracle Forms) hgt track is called OCP (Oracle Forms 6i Developer Certified Professional )

Click on the following link to get more information of what is required to get certified in this track.

Hope this help.

Hi
Thank you for the reply . As i am more interested in PL/SQL rather than Developer , can i take
Oracle 9i PL/SQL developer certified assosciate.
I have a few questions
1) Will there be extra charge if i take the tests at Oracle Authroized centres.
2) Can you also suggest me the best method to prepare for the tests. I am not in a position to afford any expensive books. Is it sufficient if i go through oracle manuals and purchase the self -test practice exams. Please advise.
Thank u.

Hi

I am not sure where u plan to use the PL/SQL other then Forms & Reports since it is a proprietry language used only by Oracle developer products.

U can learn a lot from Oracle manuals and STS for preperation for the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back