Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

confrence calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

splitpair

Technical User
Nov 29, 2001
US
I have a customer with a mitel sx 200 analog switch

He would like to be able to place a 5 way internal confrence with dept heads

any suggestions?

I'm not familiar with the system but most only provide three way conference. You should be able to daisy chain conferences so I call you and I conference in another user and then you and the other user each conference somebody in so now I have five people on the conference but I won't guarantee that will work nor will I say what kind of quality you'll get on the conversation. If the call is 100% internal I suggest they get a conference room and sit down together. If it is partially internal I suggest the same thing and a high quality speaker phone. If everyone is at a different location I suggest they call their dial tone provider and pay them to coordinate the conference.

. (If everyone is at a different location I suggest they call their dial tone provider and pay them to coordinate the conference.)

I don't know what kind of telephone switch you are getting dialtone from but any DMS would have a conf6. conf6 will give you dialtone six times.I would call local company an ask.You may be able to pay it as a feature.

. (If everyone is at a different location I suggest they call their dial tone provider and pay them to coordinate the conference.)

I agree with the above post,also.I don't know what kind of telephone switch you are getting dialtone from but any DMS would have a conf6. conf6 will give you dialtone six times.I would call local company an ask.You may be able to pay it as a feature.

Or you could us a conference bridge. this is a number that all parties call and are connected to the conference. I doubt that the mitel would let you do a 5 way conf.

splitpair stated that it is a mitel switch, were do you get DMS 500 from? the DMS 500 is an enterprise/carrier solution, not for your average business.

He got the DMS from the suggestion to go to the dial tone provider thinking that was one of the switches they might be providing dial tone with.

Anyway, we're all pretty much saying the same thing, the conference bridge that you refer to is normally hosted by a service provider (local or long distance) or their subsidiary. I have had my own when I worked for a larger organization but they are kind of pricey for the average consumer to try and stick in their telephone room.

I agree, an outsource solution is your best bet. check out xo communications

//xo.com/xofferings/voice/conferencing/promotions/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back