Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CONFLICT WITH GREAT PLAINS AND INTERNET ACCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

srossbach

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2000
US
Our office is set up on Novell 5 Servers with the Accounting Department linked through Novell to an NT Server where their data for Great Plains resides.

The problem that I am having is this:

We have Ameritech DSL service in our office - and everyone can access the internet through that service with no problem other than the Accounting Department. If I assign them IP addresses they can access the internet BUT they then CANNOT login to Great Plains (it stops responding before bringing up login in screen).

If I set the computer to detect IP address automatically - it picks up a number from somewhere (not any that I recognize) and they CANNOT get to the internet BUT they CAN access Great Plains.

Any clue what might be happening here? And what I might do to resolve this issue.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Remember to smile - makes people wonder what you are up to!

More a guess really than knowlege but I would look at the ODBC connection setup for the connection to the Great Plains server. If it is not running ON SQL then you wont have an ODBC setup and I have no idea other than unusual security on the great plains server as to why you should not be able to use and IP address on the workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back