Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conflict Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

neopk

Technical User
Oct 17, 2003
IN
Even if I isolate a file in a different folder the conflict is still detected by the wise.

Can some one please guide me on file and registry conflict resolution.

Please suggest some links!!

Thanks

Remember that there are different types of conflicts. If a file conflict is red flagged (!), then you have location conflict where 2 or more apps are writing a file to the same location hence will step on each other. A yellow flag (?) on the other hand means that the file exists but in different location, so this is not necesarily a conflict, unless you have them writing to like System and System32, etc. Now if the files are being written to their program own folders, that is well and good.

Alternatively, everything could be peachy. I suggest you delete the app out of Software Manager and reimport the isolated app, then rerun conflict manager. Remember, we are dealing with a database here and spurios tuples can wreak havoc on the integrity of the reports you get.

===>
kip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back