Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conflict Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

www2004

Programmer
Aug 11, 2004
US
Calling all Exchange experts...

I've written a Contact & Appointment Synchronization utility that accesses exchange folders via the Outlook Object Model. I create profiles with profman.dll, use these profiles to logon to exchange, and read and write directly to the exchange data store for that user.

One user in particular is experiences lots of Conflict Messages when accessing appointments in his calender (online & offline). He's running Outlook 2002 SP3, and Exchange 2003 (was Exchange 2000 up to about a month ago). When opening a particular appointment, a conflict message appears stating that he edited the record at two different times and that these edits are conflicting.

Under what conditions would this user see conflict messages? My research has found answers for Outlook 97 & 98, with older versions of Exchange, but I cannot find any solution for OL2002 & Exch2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back