Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Confiuring the jumpers on a compaq 4.3ultra SCSI hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtpcomputers

Instructor
Sep 20, 2002
CA
I recent purchase a compaq proliant 800 server. During shipping the hard drive in the unit was damaged. I whe nout and purchse a compaq 4.3 GB ulta-wide scsi hard drive. I have already removed the old drive, but after install the new drive the error message that I getis " ID0 failed" which is the same error that I got with the damged drive. on the drive there a 16 jumpers that can be set. After being on the phone with compaq for an hour, I stil gettng the same error. just a side note with all the part and serial number number on the drive compaq did not have the specs of the drive handy. If anyone had used compaq 4.3 GB ulta-wide scsi hard drive and would have the jumper seting it would a be help for me

thanks

The 4.3 GB drives I have are Seagate Technology Model number ST15150W.

J4
1 open .. Write Protect
2 open .. Delay MTR. Start
3 closed == Enable MTR. Start
4 open .. Parity Disable
5 open .. Reserved
6 open .. Enable Drive Term.
7 closed == SDTR

J5, is SCSI Drive number, I have hot plug drives. All pins are open (No blocks, circuit not closed).

J01, open
J4, open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back