Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Confirming SQLite database creation and data exsistence

Status
Not open for further replies.

rburkh

Technical User
Oct 19, 2001
US
When I code the creation of a SQLite database in my Android app in Eclipse, Eclipse doesn't create a visible data file. This really confused me, where is my database? Am I writing new records to my data table?
Well the answer was to download the SQLite Database Browser tool. With the browser I can now see my database and table data. Download the browser and install it, the link for the download is below. Now get your app running in the AVD, select the DDMS perspective. Select the File Explorer tab, expand the data file, expand the next data file. Find your project file and expand it. Expand the databases file and you should find your database. Highlight your database. At the top right of the File Explorer window is 2 icons, hover over them to get their function. Click the icon "Pull a file from the device". This will prompt you to save the file, this is a copy of the database with the current data. Now you can open this file with the SQLite Database Browser tool to confirm data insertions have occurred as expected. Repeat this process after adding new data to a table and the saved copy will be overwritten with the new data. Hopefully this will help someone as much as it has helped me. Here is the download link:

Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back