Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring WRT54G on Mac OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunachickcaca

Technical User
Nov 11, 2003
CA
I just purchased the Linksys WRT54G after giving up trying to configure the D-Link DI-624 for wireless access, and am now having the same problem. I am new to Wireless networking and the Mac environment so am probably missing something very simple - any advice would be appreciated!

I am running Mac OS X on a Powerbook G4 with a Built-In Airport Extreme card. I have managed to configure the Router so I can get on line while connected - but can't for the life of me figure out what to do to make Airport see the Network. Linksys help desk tells me I have to change the SSID on my Airport card (where/how?) Mac help tells me that Airport should "just see" the network.

Any thoughts on what I am missing or have wrong?

Desperate Newbie!!

open your apple menu >> system preferences >> set to use airport adapter >> and then tcp/ip and set to dhcp >> and click on airport and input the network name , aka SSID . and up above your will see a wireless icon. just click on that and you will see the available wireless networks . after that you should be able to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back