Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Windows7 Ultimate Clients As Multiple User Workstation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoeythecat

Technical User
May 2, 2002
US
Hi All,

Is there a way to configure a Windows7 system that connects to a Windows2003 domain so that each user that logs in will get the same icons, printers, mapped network drives, etc? In the past, for WindowsXP systems, I would simply logon to the domain as an administrator user, setup the desktop, internet settings, mapped network drives and printers, then copy this profile to the "Default User" profile, then each user that logged on would get the same settings. I have not been able to figure out how to do this for Windows7 systems.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Customizing the Default User Profile in Windows 7 (Part 1)

changing default
thread1726-1618098

Configuring Windows7 Profesional Workstation For Multiple Users

You could also try the Server Forums.

Thanks Linney. I knew I posted this before, but completely forgot that I did. Sorry for the post again, but thanks again for the links. I think the first link (Customizing the Default User Profile" may be what I need to do.

Appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back