Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Windows Server 2003 for optimal security

Status
Not open for further replies.

gib999

Programmer
May 18, 2005
CA
Hi,

I'm all set to go with my server to host websites. What I'd like to do, however, before I connect to the world is configure my system to the optimally security settings possible. I'm running Windows Server 2003. Are there any online guides/tutorials that go through this stuff in a step-by-step easy to understand manner? To be specific, I'm interested in utilizing the OS's own security settings like folder permissions, password authentication, anonymous logins, etc., not installing other software like antivirus or firewalls (although I do have these). Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

to hardening windows 2003 server, pls refer the following link

also, if google "hardening windows 2003", u will get more.

I've done some hardening projects for my clients, basically, security policies and lockdown someTCP/IP ports in registry, u may refer to Department of Defense for their whitepaper.(i lost the link)

------------------------------------
Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back