Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring SSH on a Catalyst 3550

Status
Not open for further replies.

labuddy

MIS
Jun 3, 2002
US
I need advice on how to configure SSH on a catalyst 3550. I downloaded a crypto image from the CCO (c3550-i5k2l2q3-mz.121-14.EA1.bin) and copied it to the flash on the switch. The copy process was successful, but when I reload the switch I realised it booted with the old image. I also tried issuing the "cry key generate rsa" command in config mode but got the invalid error response.

Please assist.

Hi

You need to tell your switch which image to boot from. Unless you do it will come up from the first valid image it comes across in flash.
Have a look on CCO for the 'boot' command. I guess it will go something like :

boot flash:c3550-i5k2l2q3-mz.121-14.EA1.bin

You culd also delete the old image from the flash, but I would like to see the new one work first.

EB

Command is....

config t
boot system flash:c3550-i5k2l2q3-mz.121-14.EA1.bin
end

Then show run to make sure it's listed as the first bootfile and your done. You might have to remove the old boot statement first.

"I can picture a world without war. A world without hate. A world without fear. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back