Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring SMTP via ASA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
anyone have their SMTP setup within ASA to email reports? I enter in our information and it keeps saying permission denied. If my Exchange team has any sort of filters and needs to allow the sender.. what would the sender be.. the IP of the server?

Nevermind.. our mcafee policy blocks telnet from the local workstations. My next question is do you see any harm in installing ASA on a existing server that's running other apps? I don't want this thing to cause any issues on any other systems. I just need it to run commands and send output via email.

You should be OK. I did something similar once for a cluster of One-X Attendants for a hotel. Basically, run a "list station" every 15 minutes and the Attendant DB server grabs the flat file every 15 minutes. Net effect being that when you check in, within a few minutes reception can just type "wpetilli" in the attendant and call you that way.

Just make sure to reboot your machine a few times and make sure your scheduled tasks for starting ASA are bulletproof, otherwise one day you'll stop getting your reports because you didn't have a task to start ASA or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back