Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Second NIC card on Windows2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubo

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2005
US
Hello Everyone,

I have recently installed a secondary NIC card on our server in the office. The drivers and software is installed correctly and the card works.

But is anyone familiar with setting it up correctly so the the 2 cards will at the same time all access to the network will be available from client machines. Because this server is also the domain server?

When I have both of the cards enabled the clients sometimes connect to the domain and sometimes don't, which confuses the **** out of me. Once I disable the new card I have no problem with my network.

the reason for sometime not coonecting is because your 2nd NIC's DNS configuration. it needs to pointing to the right DNS as the first one

---------------------------------------
Sr. Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

I ahd the same problem about 12 months a go. When I installed the second NIC users could not log on and the server lost web access....

After a quick post hear I was advised to leave the Second NIC card with no gateway entry.

I did as was instructed and the server has been running fine for about 12 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back