Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring PCAnywhere with MS Proxy Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJoshua

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2001
US
Hi All,

I have PCAnywhere 10.5 running on a server (NT4 SP6 running MS SBS with Proxy Server) and two Host PC's (XP SP1). PCAnywhere works fine from the outside to the server, but I'm not sure how to get MS Proxy Server to port forward to the two XP machines.

The server is using ports 5631 and 5632. I configured the first PC to use ports 5641 and 5642.

How do I tell proxy server to forward requests for these ports to the specific machine? Or is there an alternative approach.

If needed I can give these machines their own static IP addresses, but then I have the same problem about how to direct access through proxy server to the IP address on this machine.

Thanks in advance!

-=david=-

You should use the following on both clients and server
5631 and 5632.

According to symantec the ports are defined by the version of pcAnywhere that you are using.

rl,

That's true by default, but not relevant here. I have one machine already using 5631 & 5631, the second has to use different ports unless I NAT a different external IP address to the internal machine.

But I don't see how to do that with Proxy Server, and that is my plan B. Plan A is to use different ports and do port forwarding, but I don't see how to do _that_ with Proxy Server either.

Thanks!

-=david=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back