Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring NAT on SonicWall TZ210 to access ADSL router from LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

nakbrooks

Technical User
Jul 18, 2015
GB
Hope this is in the right forum.

I need to configure a SonicWall TZ210 firewall to enable me to access the ADSL broadband router from the LAN. Here is my topology:

Internet ---> [dynamic IP]LiveBox Broadband Router[192.168.1.1] ---> [192.168.1.99]SonicWall[10.1.1.99] ---> LAN (10.1.0.0)

There are therefore 2 sets of NAT going on (dynamic WAN IP to Livebox 192.168.1.0 net and that net to LAN 10.1.0.0 net).

I need to be able to access the web interface of the Broadband Router from the LAN so this obviously requires NAT to translate the 192.168.1.1 address to a 10.1.0.0 address (I have chosen 10.1.1.9).

I have set up 2 address objects on the SonicWall:

LiveBox = 192.168.1.1 in the WAN zone
LiveBox NAT = 10.1.1.9 in the LAN zone

I have created a service group "Web + Ping" which includes HTTP, HTTPS & ping.

I have created a NAT policy as follows:
Original Source: LAN Primary Subnet (which is 10.1.0.0/255.255.0.0)
Translated Source: Original
Original Destination: LiveBox NAT
Translated Destination: LiveBox
Original Service: Web + Ping
Translated Service: Original
Inbound Interface: Any
Outbound Interface: Any

There is no reflexive NAT policy.
The policy is enabled.

The firewall settings on the SonicWall allow any LAN to WAN access and deny any WAN to LAN access.

This isn't working for me. I can't access the LiveBox broadband router from the LAN (by pinging or browsing 10.1.1.9).

Any pointers as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Nigel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back