Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring My System For VOIP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

emelendez

Technical User
Jul 6, 2005
US
Does anyone have or know of any material I can read that will show me how to enable my system for VOIP. I'd like to test the IP SoftPhone, but can not find any material that will give me step-by-step instructions on how to do that.

Thanks In Advance,
-Ed

If you are going to use the IP Softphone, you will need an IP license as well...

Is an IP license absolutely required for VOIP/softphone to work?

I was under the impression that the VCM is only required onced you've reached a certain number of VOIP connections to maintain good quality calls.

-Ed

VCM is required for any quantity of "native" VoIP connections (external VoIP box interfaced to IPOffice via trunk/station port doesn't count). Need IP 3rd party license for non-Avaya IP equipment - even then it's not a sure bet. Need IP Phone Mgr + Phone Mgr Pro license (both) for a single IP softphone to work. Don't need license for IP Trunks.
Good luck.
Mike

Last time I hit this wall I ended up having to get Phone manager pro licenses and Phone manager pro IP Audio Enable RFA's - one each for each user.

Ian Engel
Agua Fria Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back