Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring multiple Pools (offsite etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

khyron

Technical User
Nov 21, 2000
CA
Hi,

I've been tossed into the role of "Backup guy" and for the most part it makes sense. However, over the last month this one problem has me stumped.

We have 10 machines, 4 of them unix the rest NT. We have 1 tape drive, and our networker server. We have 2 groups - UNIX-Onsite and NT-Onsite. We backup those incrementally daily with a full backup once a week. All is good.

Then, I made a new pool called Offsite. I made a new group called Offsite (with all the clients copied into that group as well). All clients within the Offsite group use the offsite schedule. Sooo on Mondays, the Unix/NT schedules are SKIP and the Offsite is FULL. What happens tho, is the Offsite skips, and then the Unix/NT does an incremental which is absolutely baffling. (I put a fresh tape in the drive, and it gets labeled as Onsite).

Should be noted that if I manually force/override, the offsite works, and labels the tape accordingly. So I don't get what I'm doing wrong.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Geoff

If set the manual override, the offsite schedule works - if I don't set it manually, it does not.

So when looking at my schedules, the Onsites are both SKIP and the Offsite is FULL. This doesn't work (the onsites do an incremental and the offsites skip). If I go into the schedules and set the override to exactly the same thing, it works (ie, I change Onsites to Override-SKIP instead of just SKIP).

Still stumped,

Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back