Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring mailx for Novell Groupwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

2a

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2001
US
I am tyring to send e-mail from Solaris 8 server to a group of corporate users, that are configured on the Corporate e-mail systems (GroupWise). Do anyone knows how this can be done. I don't want to use sendmail if I don't have to. I don't even know how to configure sendmail.

Thanks in advance.

It's been a long time since I've worked with Groupwise, but it seems to me that each group in Groupwise should have an SMTP alias like they do in Outlook. Reason why is that if you send an email to a Groupwise group and some non-Groupwise users (like people external to your organization) the folks in the outside organization should have a way to reply to everyone. To test this you could create a groupwise group with just you and maybe a couple others in it and then send an email to that group and a regular Internet email account. Then check the Internet email account and see how it looks. That might give you some insight into how Groupwise is forming the SMTP email (group_name@company.com).

I know in Outlook you just go to the address book, find the group in question, and then look at the group's properties.

Sorry if I rambled a bit, but I hope it helps.
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back