Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring logical drives within hardware raid in a cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etogo

Technical User
May 29, 2002
CA
Hi!

I'm new to Raid and clusters and would need help with this. I am trying to configure the logical drives in my Raid and am encoutering the following problem:

1. I boot up with the serveraid CD in the first node. Configure the logical drives. Mainly, my first 2 drives are raid 1. Then I have another 9 drive which is configured with raid 5 and finally i have a hotspare drive.

2. I shutdown the first node and boot the second node with the CD. When it checks the controller, it gives me an error saying that it found 11 drives that are not responding.

3. After reconfiguring the second controller, I boot up the first node and it then gives me another error saying that there is a misconfiguration between the BBC (Battery backup cache) and the controller. It shows that it was configured for the controller from node 2 but has the one from node 1 installed.

Basically, my question is what are the steps to configuring Raid in a 2 node cluster. I really need to get this going soon so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back