Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring HP SureStore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2003
GB
I recently purchased a HP Netserver LPr and a HP SureStore E Disk System SC10. The netserver has a NetRaid 3Si Raid card. Channel 0 = Two SCSI Drives in server mirrored. Channel 1 = Five SCSI Drives in SureStore Raid 5. Channel 2 = 4 SCSI Drives in SureStore Raid 5(3 disks) and HotSpare.

When i boot the machine and it gets to the raid card detecting drives bit, the server starts beeping and the screen displays: 3 logical drives found, 2 logical drives failed, 3 logical drives handled by bios.

When i enter the Raid Express Tool. It shows that channel 0 is online, Channel 1 fail and Channel 2 fail.

I have connected all the cables correctly, there are two cables from surestore one two channel 1 and the other to channel 2 and the other two ports on the bcc's are terminated. The Express Tool doesn't let me do much to the drives i found that i can format individual disks, but i can't find anyway to enable the logical drives, if thats possible.

I don't have much experience with surestores and raid. Can anyone tell me why these drives don't work? Am i doing something wrong? (probably). HELP!

Cheers
Pete

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back