Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Host running on Windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

magezi

Programmer
Mar 2, 2000
UG
Apart from installing Remote Access Options ie(Remote Server)in Windows 98 what else must I do to access this computer from a remote Client ?

The Remote Server(Host) has a Heys Modem and the remote client has a Robotics Modem.

I can easily connect to Internet service providers from my remote client,from both PC Anywhere and ordinary Dial up connection icon of Windows but I have failed to connect to my Remote server from my remote Client , I have tried to use both PC Anywhere and Dial Up networking option of Win 98 to no success

The Remote Server is connected to a data(Fax) Line.

Thanx folks Nkabirwa Sowed Magezi
nkabirwa@yahoo.com

A Ugandan Developer for

(1) School Management Information System(SMIS) - Foxpro 2.6 ; Ms-Acess 97

(2)Debt onitoring System(DMS) - Ms-Acess 97

(3) The Loans Recovery System(LS) - Ms- Access 97

(4) The Dry Cleaners System(DS) - Ms- Access 97

Try to connect both machines to the web, and then enable then enable the TCP/IP Host on the server and create your user account for it. Then on your web-connected remote PC, launch the pcAnywhere client to connect to a host via TCP/IP and specify the modem IP of the host in the host address field on the remote.

Connect and login as the pre-designated credentials and you should be rocking.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back