Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring email server on IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

www3

Programmer
Mar 27, 2006
US
Hi,
I need to allow my website users to have dedicated email addresses. I understand that i need to have an email server for the above. Could someone suggest the cheapest and a good one. Or if there is some other way also to do it.

Thanks,

Hello, As to your post....you can purchase EudoraPro Email Server...not the Client (the client is used like MS Outlook) so get the Server version and install it on your Server. The software cost about $189.99 or so. Go to and you eill find the info there. Also if you want a more robust email server you can purchase MS Exchange Server 2000...it cost about 1500.00 depending on where you purchase it. you can visit my site here Victor Henderson
C-Wiz@excite.com

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. I also had one more question. Can I run the eudora mail server on Windows 2000 professional.

Thanks,

Hello Again;

To answer your question regarding Eudora Pro & windows 2000....Yes it will work with Windows 2000. To be sure you can double check with the vendor at
Thanks for you inquirey!
Victor Henderson
CYBER SYSTEMS
Victor Henderson
C-Wiz@excite.com

Beware of Imail. It's great if you are a new email Admin, but let me tell you it gets small quick. And with a hefty pricetag, it gets kinda dicey when you have to explain to your manager why it won't perform like most of the others.

They claim it's up and running out of the box in less than 20 minutes. Absolutely. And that's about the extent of it's capabilities. ;)

Seriously, Imail is good if you plan to have a "hands-off" approach and don't need much aside from reliability and ease of use. If you get a bit more advanced, you'll want to look at MDaemon or NTMail. "Absorb what is useful, discard what is not. Add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee - The Tao of Jeet Kune Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back