Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring element manager for SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

triad1

Technical User
May 25, 2004
US
I'm trying to configure my signaling server through element manager, but I'm having trouble understanding which IP addresses to use when using SIP trunking from Verizon. Could someone assist me by responding to the questions below?

1. In the element manager under (IP Telephony node), is the Telephony LAN (TLAN) Node IP address for the (CS1000) IP or the network side of the carrier?

2. Under primary proxy, which IP address should be used for Primary proxy Redirect; or redirect TLAN IP address

3. Under the signal server properties Telephony LAN (TLAN) IP address, which IP address is applicable? Also, which IP address is for the TLAN gateway IP address?

Thanks

This is off the top of my head, never having done sip trunks from a carrier. You configure your nrs ip addresses in all places that ask for primary ip address. You would make sure that you have registered as a endpoint to your nrs.

you would creat a endpoint for verizon and make it a static endpoint with whatever ip address they gave you to use.

I'm assuming you know how to program a nrs in this answer.

as I said I've never done this myself, but it seems like the logical answer to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back