Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Dialin using a modem on router aux port

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitspromax

Technical User
Nov 18, 2012
SA
I have a cisco 1941 ISR router and I am trying to configure a router to allow a modem for “Offband or Out of band” access.

Below is the configuration on Aux port on Line (n):

Line aux 0
Login local
Modem InOut
Transport input all
Speed 115200
Flowcontrol hardware

I have US Robotics 56k Faxmodem which is connected to aux port of router and I am using USB dialup modem with my laptop to dailin to the router which is connected to a US Robotics Faxmodem. Then I have accessed my USB dialup modem throught HyperTerminal and I can issue all “at” commands and to dialin to the modem I have used the following command

atdt914011111111 (atdt followed by country code, area code and landline number)

Once I issue the above command it give me message “Connected” and after this I just get a flashing cursor. I cannot do anything nor will it display a username login prompt.

Is there something I am missing? Also let me know if there is any other solution for Offband management for cisco routers.

Set modem and router port to 9600 and retry operation and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back