Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring dial on demand to stay always connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

max5

Technical User
Jan 6, 2002
DE
Hi!
Now I've finally managed to set up IP routing properly. I'm connected to the internet with a dsl modem and my isp disconnects my connection every 24 Hours. Is there a whay to stay always connected? I mean that windows redials automatically every time the connection is closed.

Hello Maxie.
I assume your using Windows 2000 Server and you dial onto the DSL network using VPN.

I am using DSL my self, and i have this same problem, exept my ISP disconnects me every 4 hours.

Here is what you need to do.

Goto the "Network and Dial-up Connections" folder.
There you shuld see the icon you double click on to dial on the internet.
Rightclick on that icon, choose properties.
From there, choose the Options tap [on the top]

You shuld see [Redialing options]

Redial attempts: [set this to 99999999]
Time between redial atempts [set this to 5 seconds]
idle time before hanging up [set this to never]

[]Redial if line is dropped, mark this with X
Next move to the Networking tap on the top,
there you shuld see all sorta weird stuff.

Are V's in all of them?, THATS BAD unless u know what ur doing. For the best security unmark everything exept
[] "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)"

This shuld work. Else ask me again. If your looking for something and you can't find what your looking for, try searching where you think you won't find what your looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back