Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

configuring contivity for external ldap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehoxha

MIS
Oct 15, 2002
CA
Hello everyone

I've gotten a cool problem configuring my nortel 1150 switch to support username/password and group password using an netscape directory server. I have created for example e child group let's call it /Base/Base2 and i have populated it with users i.e. user_1, user_2 and so on. I have disabled all radius related settings (to make sure i dont mix with radius), and I have configured the Base2 group profile for username/password authentication using only ldap server (profiles/group/Edit/IPSec..etc)

I see that the replication in the ldap server is properly done meaning that users and groups are all added there.

I configure the contivity client as follows:

group: Base2
pass: 123456

Extended Authentication:

username (uid): user_1
pass: 123456789

In syslog of the switch I see: The IPSEC account is 'unknown, uid is invalid""

I dont understand what's the hell I'm missing here!!!

I would appreciate if somebody would point me to the right direction or at least to givme any spot link in the www, to configure the switch properly. There is a lack of that kind of documentation out there indeed..

Thanks a lot guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back