Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Citrix client

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00blar

MIS
Aug 19, 2003
US
I'm using ORCA to modify the Citrix client MSI for deployment.

Here's my environment in a nutshell. Citrix farm with 2 citrix servers in the same physical LAN (10.1.x.x corporate network). I want to add a third server to the farm; however, this server will be located in my DR site (10.254.x.x).

When configuring the Citrix client MSI, I have to type the SERVER_LOCATION or web address for a citrix.
So far, I've been typing the name of one of the citrix servers in my corporate LAN; however, if I was to lose my corporate network I want to route all citrix clients to my DR site. How can this be achieved? Do I have to configure all the citrix clients differently or is there a way to set this up from the citrix console management?

Thanks.

You might check into a product called Octopus, although the holding company name may have changed recently, so a Google search would be your best bet there for a good failover solution like the one you need.

nooblar,
Are you pushing out the entire ICA PN?
If so, you can use the "Primary, Secondary" options within the full PN install.

You can choose your corporate servers for the "primary" and then configure the "secondary" for your DR servers.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back